You can request a copy of a death certificate in person or by mail. If you request a copy of the death certificate in person, you will receive a certified copy at that time. All certified copies contain the official stamp of the Town of Boonton. The person requesting a death certificate will need valid photo identification.
- The following persons are authorized to obtain a certified copy of a record. Proof of relationship to the person named on the record is required.
- The parents of the person listed on the record
- A child of the person named on the record, if of legal age. (You will need to show your own birth certificate.)
- A sibling of the person named on the record. (You will have to show a certified copy of your birth certificate.)
- The current spouse (You must present a certified copy of your marriage.)
- A legal representative (You will be required to show a court order.)
- A guardian with legal custody of a minor child (You will have to show the court order.)
- A federal, state, or local government agency for official use only. Identification is required.