Library Events & Programs
Program Schedule April-July 2018
Programs for Adults
Please check the Library’s website, www.boontonholmeslibrary.org, for details & registration information.
- Starting April 9, every Monday 11 a.m.-12 noon: Your Money Or Your Health – talks, workshops, activities addressing financial, physical, and mental health.
- Starting April 17, every Tuesday, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Card Club – Learn Bridge, Canasta, Shanghai Rummy and more. All levels welcome – beginners will feel as welcome as seasoned players! Instruction available.
- Starting April 11, every Wednesday, 11 a.m.-12 noon: Wired Wednesdays – Workshops and one-on-one sessions, covering many aspects of modern information technology.
- April 11: Cyber Security for Your Personal Device. Taught by Janet Unger
- April 18, May 2, May 16, May 30, June 13, June 27, July 11, July 25: 1-on-1 Tech Help @ Your Library. Basic help with software, apps, internet, e-mail, etc. By appointment only.
- April 25: iPads and Tablets for Beginners. Basic troubleshooting, navigation, apps, photo management, and more.
- May 9, May 16, June 6: Word for Beginners.
- June 20: Downloadable Library Resources. Learn how to borrow free books, magazines, and audiobooks online.
- July 18: Social Media for Everyone. The joys and perils of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and more.
- Every Thursday, 6 p.m.: Fiber Arts Club. Love working with yarn? Join this lively group of crafters.
- Starting May 3, every Thursday 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Mah Jongg Club. All levels are welcome. Instruction available.
- Every Monday in June, 11 a.m.-12 noon: How Does Your Garden Grow? Horticulture, local farming, and nature events in the Library garden. June 4, 11, 18 and 25
- April 6, 5-8 p.m.: Poets’ Night. Enjoy the Library’s Poetry Collection. Refreshments served.
- May 4, 5-8 p.m.: Fashionista Night. Friends of the Library Book Sale, Book Fashion Maker Event. Refreshments served.
- June 1, 5-8 p.m.: Pets’ Night Out. Read for Paws. DIY Pet Portraits. Refreshments served.
- July 6, 5-8 p.m.: International Celebration.
- Sundays, 4-5:30 p.m. Culture, Music & Book Talks in the Library Garden. April 29, May 20, June 24, July 22.
- Saturdays, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Boontoneers Maker Saturdays. Children and their parents/caregivers are invited to enjoy hands-on, DIY tinkering in the Library’s new Makerspace.
- April 28: Learn to Sew: Sport Bag
- May 19: Learn to Sew: Pajama Pants
- June 16: TBD
- July 21: TBD
- Fridays, 5-7 p.m. Family Game Nights. Board Games, Pizza, Prizes! April 13, May 18, June 15, July 20
- Mondays, 10:15 a.m. Baby Story Time. Stories, songs, movement for the littlest ones
- Tuesdays, 11 a.m. Toddler/Pre-K Story Time. Stories, songs, movement and crafts for children ages 18 months to 5 years.
- Wednesdays, 10:30 a.m. Toddler/Pre-K Story Time. Stories, songs, movement and crafts for children ages 18 months to 5 years.
- Every other Wednesday, 4 p.m. LEGO Club. April 4, 18. May 2, 16, 30. June 13, 27. July 11, 25.
- Thursdays, 6:30 p.m. Story Night. Bring blanket & PJs for a nighttime story. All ages. April 19, May 24, June 21, July 26.
- Thursday, April 26., p.m. STEAM Event. Egg Drop. Ages 9 and up.
- Thursday, May 10, 6 p.m. STEAM Event. DIY Spa Gifts. Just in time for Mother’s Day. Ages 7 and up.
- Thursday, June 14, 6 p.m. STEAM Event. DIY gifts for Father’s Day. Ages 7 and up.
- Saturdays, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Drop-In Craft. April 14, May 12, June 16, July 28.
Summer Reading 2018
- Saturday, June 23, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Reading Rocks! Kick-Off Party. Entertainment, Reader Packets, hands-on fun, refreshments.
- Friday, August 4, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Reading Rocks! Summer Reading Finale. Prizes for all readers, entertainment, refreshments.
- Special Programs: Please see our website for details and registration