While our historic Main Street boasts an exceptional mix of businesses that invites visitors, most people still need a place to park upon arrival. This doesn't even include the parking needs of those already living and working in and around our downtown. Please take a moment learn about the best way to navigate our current and unique parking environment.
Main St. Parking, Historic Sites & Walking Trails Map (2018)
Thank you to Boonton Main Street Inc.'s volunteer Design Committee for producing this map. To donate and volunteer with BMS click HERE.
Main St. Parking Information (Between Division & Hill Streets)
- Free 2-hour parking on Main Street (Monday - Saturday 7AM - 7PM)
- Car jockeying (moving your car on Main Street to avoid the 2 hour limit) is illegal
- Main Street and the surrounding area is heavily enforced from 7AM to 7PM (Monday through Saturday) to ensure a regular supply is available to our businesses and their customers
Side Street & Lot Metered Parking
- In addition to lots, long-term and short-term meters line the streets that intersect with Main Street. They include Division, Mechanic, William, Cornelia and Boonton Avenue
Long-term meters are located on the second half of intersecting side streets and in several parking lots. They provide 3 hours of parking for $.025 cents (a quarter)
Short-term meters are located on the first half of intersecting side streets and several lots. They provide 30 minutes of parking for $0.25 cents (a quarter) with a 2 hour limit
The following are several scenarios that WILL result in a ticket:
- Parked in an unpaid meter (Mon.-Sat. 7AM -7PM)
- Parked beyond the 2-hour free Main Street limit (Mon.-Sat. 7AM -7PM)
- Parked in a yellow-zone
- Moving a car to avoide the 2-hour Main Street limit
Parking Enforcement Officers don't know if a car is 30 seconds or 30 minutes over the limit. A vehicle at an unpaid meter will result in a ticket.
Parking is heavily and equitably enforced to ensure a regular supply is available for our businesses and their customers.
|Kiwanis Ambulance Lot||Kiwanis ambulance building
across from Town Hall (blocking bay doors will result in being towed)
|$1 per day|
|Upper Plane Street Lot||Upper end of Plane Street
(where the Farmers' Market is held)
|100 parking spots - $1 per day
Pay box at each end of lot
|Boonton Avenue Lot||Boonton Avenue, between Main Street & BirchStreet||27 short-term
$0.25 per 1/2 hour
|American Legion Lot||At the NJ Transit station off the Rt. 287 South on-ramp (behind the historical society museum)||$1 per day|
|Bider Lot||Cornelia Street (next to the Elks Club)||13 Long-term &
$0.25 per 1/2 hour
|Division Street Lot||Possible new lot coming in 2018|