- Health Department
The Boonton Health Department provides a wide range of public health services designed to promote and protect the health of Boonton residents.
What Does the Health Department Do?
- Municipal Registrar: The Town of Boonton employs a Registrar who assists the public with birth, death, and marriage certificates and marriage license applications. The Registrar is also the Town Clerk. Call the Registrar at ext. 624 for all vital statistic-related questions.
- .Environmental Health: The Boonton Health Department has a shared service agreement with Rockaway Township. Rockaway provides Registered Environmental Health Specialists that work to ensure the proper handling of food is maintained in all retail food establishments and to investigate resident complaints.
- Public Health Nursing: The Boonton Health Department employs a Public Health Nurse who is available on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. The nurse administers vaccines, investigates communicable diseases, promotes and administers health screenings and monitors immunizations in schools. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org at (973) 885 -3363, or at (973) 402-9410 ext. 627.
- Health Education: In collaboration with Boonton’s Public Health Nurse, Rockaway Township’s Educator works to inform the community of current health issues and acts as a point of reference for health education. Specific areas of focus are preventative efforts to eliminate drug and alcohol abuse, the promotion of a healthy lifestyle, and the planning and execution of community programs.
- Licensing: The Health Department handles all dog and cat licensing as well as food retail licensing.
We urge you to become familiar with the services offered and to participate in our personal health programs published in the town calendar. We are always open to suggestions and willing to answer your questions. Explore more information using the links below.
Health Department MAIN PAGELink to page
Registrar / Vital Stats - Birth, Marriage, Death
Apply for marriage licenses and to receive certified copies of birth, marriage, and death certificates .Link to page
Programs & Services
The health department offers environmental health, health education and personal health services.Link to page
Pet LicensingLink to page
Find out how to contact animal control and what their responsibilities are.Link to page
Senior Transport ProgramLink to page
Board of Health
Find out when this board meets.Link to page
Important Phone Numbers
Find contact information for local area resources.Link to page
Coronavirus (COVID-19)Link to page
Flu ClinicLink to page
Serving Food to the Public at EventsLink to page