The Town of Boonton Construction Office is responsible for issuing all construction permits and for administering and enforcing the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code. The department consists of a licensed Construction Official, Building, Plumbing, Electric and Fire Sub-Code Officials.
BEFORE you begin . . .
Regardless of your project, the first step in the process is to review the Zoning and Permit Requirements page and the Tax Assessment Chart to identify any tax implications and to find out if the project requires zoning approval and/or a permit.
If you do require a zoning approval and/or construction permit, visit our Zoning & Permit Instructions page to learn more about the process of obtaining your required documentation.
You must call the office secretary at 973-402-9410 ext. 630 to set up any inspection. There is a minimum of 24-hour notice required. Your permit number is required for all inspection requests.
- Building Inspections - Tuesday & Thursday from 12:00pm to 4:00pm
- Building Inspector Office Hours - Tuesday & Thursday from 12:00pm to 4:00pm
- Electrical Inspections - Tuesday & Thursday from 11:00am to 3:00pm @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Plumbing Inspections - Tuesday and Thursday from 12:00pm to 3:00pm
- Fire Inspections - Tuesday & Thursday from 2:30pm to 5:00pm @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>