The Society's extensive collection of Boonton historical material is housed in the landmark John Taylor Building at 210 Main Street. This house, which combines elements of Colonial Revival and Victorian Gothic styles, was built in 1897-8 for use as a residence and office for Dr. John L. Taylor. His wife Adelaide had received the land as a gift from her father, the Hon. John L. Kanouse.
210 Main Street, Boonton, NJ 07005
(free parking in the rear)
Phone: 973 402-8840
Hours: Sundays 1PM - 4PM or by appointment
Visit our new gift shop annex located on the lower level of the museum for great bargains!
The Museum Gift Shop at the John Taylor Building is open during regular museum hours and by appointment, and carries Boonton-related books, maps, magnets, Boontonware, T-shirts, sweatshirts, prints, postcards, greeting cards - and much more!
Permanent - "Boonton: the Early Years"
Monthly News Bulletin: August 2015
The Boonton Historical Society and Museum is a non-profit organization, incorporated in 1959, located in the town of Boonton, New Jersey. Its mission is to:
2015 Walking Tours
Printable Schedule (click)
SUNDAY, July 19, 1:30 PM
Historic Main Street
Meet at Canalside Park overlook (Main & W. Main)
Parking for Post Office walks should be off Main St as most walks extend past the two hour parking limit
Tours will take place rain or shine.
Tours are free of charge to Boonton Historical Society members, $5 suggested donation for non-members.